Subject: Re: [Leica] 75 Summilux! and Odd filter size
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 19:36:38 -0600

At 10:48 AM 12/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok the 75mm f/1.4 Summilux is a great lens and it is very sharp and that
>leads me to my only complaint.  Filter size.  I need a soft filter to soften
>that sharpness a lot but I know of no such filters in 60mm.  I have on order
>an adapter from 60 to 62 so that I can order other than a UVa filter, but I
>will loose the use of my lens hood.  Why 60mm?

To minimize the size of the lens, and the fact they have several lenses
with that filter size - or used to. And you can get a 60mm soft lens from
B+W as a custom made filter. At least I used to have them make me odd size
filters. Took forever, but it got done.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a
child.

Ron Wild