Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Camera AG - Solms
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 11:03:48 -0800

>As a matter of history, the Leitz knife I referred to was given
>to each of the journalists attending the "secret" introduction
>of the first Leicaflex in Wetzlar. So there are about 30 or 40
>old people out there with them. Again, I'm not certain if it
>was 1962 or 1963.
>Is there someone out there who remembers? It was just following
>the photokina in Koln.
>Ed Meyers

It would have to be 1962 as Photokina is held on even years.

When I visited the Porsche factory in Stuttgart, They gave me a knife and a
cup, I bought some small booze glasses (with the Porsche emblem engraved on
the side), plus numerous other mementos.

Every company makes trinkets. I have a bunch of BMW trinkets that my local
dealer gave me. Pens, knives, etc...

It's common and does not detract from the real company business. The people
making and marketing these things aren't photographers or engineers, so
have no influence on how quickly the R8 motor will appear.

Jim