Subject: [Leica] M6 Extender
From: Gerd.Hechtfischer@t-online.de (Gerd Hechtfischer)
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 19:15:09 +-100

Dear LUG,

Concerning an M6 extender, I think the only reasonable option
would be a 1.5x extender, to make a 135 mm from a 90mm lens.
For that focal length, you have the viewfinder, and you would
gain from having to  carry only the small extender with you and
not a 135mm lens. With a 2.0x extender, you get focal lengths
of 180 and 270mm, which are certainly too long for use with
a rangefinder Leica. A 2.0x extender that allows use of the 90
and 135 lens with visoflex, thus giving a 180 and 270 mm visoflex
lens would be very nice, however. So far I have not calculated
if this is possible optically/mechanically (maybe only with the
lensheads?). What do the experts think about it?

Happy shooting,

Gerd