Subject: Re: [Leica] Help needed with Nikon LS20 scanner/ Silverfast software
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 97 16:15:46 +0100

On 27-12-1997 17:18 Alex Hurst wrote:
(snip)
>My present to myself was a Nikon LS20 35mm scanner, which is fine as I do
>most of my shooting on colour neg rather than trannies.
>
>However, it arrived with some German software called Silverfast, which is
>supposed to be better than the Nikon original. I've just printed out a 111
>page manual from the CD and, or course, it's not at all helpful on the key
>points I need answering.
>(snip)
>>This is all on a PowerMac running system 8.0.
>>Any of you guys out there using this combination? All help gratefully
>received.

>Alex

I am not using the Nikon LS 20 35mm scanner (only a UMAX Astra 600S
flatbed scanner), but the SilverScan software is supposed to be of good
quality as I read somewhere.
Are you sure the software did not come in several language versions on
your CD-ROM? Normally these things are shipped with several language
versions on 1 CD-ROM.
If not, why don't you use Adobe Photoshop or Adobe PhotoDeluxe? I guess
there must be a plug-in supplied by Nikon in its software package. This
could work as an alternative to SilverScan. I am doing the same with my
UMAX scanner.

Pascal

Message sent on a Macintosh PowerBook G3, the world's fastest laptop