Subject: Re: [Leica] What is a good Starter M setup?
From: "Jeff Segawa" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 20:44:53 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Martin Krieger <krieger@almaak.usc.edu>

>If I were to guy one body and lens, what would be both reaonably priced
>and good--need not be collectible, but for actual use.
>
>I wear eyeglasses.  No meter needed.

How's about an M4-P with 50 Summicron? Camera body's fairly modern and not
priced as a collectable. And the 50mm framelines are very easy to see, even
with glasses. Maybe you could have the eyepiece swapped out for a rubberized
M6 as the metal ones can be a little bit hard on glasses. M4-2 has also
worked for me, after an initial overhaul/RF realign, though some have
reported problems.