Subject: Re: [Leica] 21mm Super Angulon
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 20:29:14 -0800

>> 1) Yes, no; 2) (old) metal better than plastic; 3) 4/21 and
>> 3.4/21 (better); 4) ?; 5) definitely yes.
>>
>> Alf
>> At 12:31 21.12.1997 -0600, Bud Cook wrote:
>> >Questions for the experts:
>> >
>> >1) Can you use the 21mm Super Angulon on an M6 and also use the meter?
>> >2) Are any of the 21mm finders better than others, i.e. is there some
>> >types/versions that should be avoided?
>> >3) Is there more than one version of the 21mm SA, i.e. before and after the
>> >M5?
>> >4) What should a mint 21mm SA cost in the U.S.?
>> >5) Is it worth paying more for an SA than an early version of the 21mm
>> >Elmarit assuming both are perfect examples?
>>

>May I disagree with one observation? I had the older metal
>21mm finder and nor have the  black plastic one. I find the
>more recent plastic one to be better as the eye-relief is better
>suited for people wo wear glasses. I can easily see the entire
>field with it and I cannot with the metal one, when I wear
>my glasses (and I always do). Please check this out, if you
>wear glasses. Ed

Also the plastic one stays on the camera; instead of slipping out, crashing
to the ground and breaking like the metal ones did regularly, unless
tethered to the camera.

BTW, the Contax one also slips out very easily, and only seats properly
with some grinding of the shoe. It also sticks up more than the Leica ones
and thus gets knocked off easier. The old Leica metal ones look the best,
the Contax one is the cheaper one and the new plastic Leica one works best
overall, IMO.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com