Subject: [Leica] Re:Canadian IIIg & IIIf / TED & Boxes
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 21:00:01 EST

 Ted - you just caused the BANE of the LUG.  I said nothing about the M4,
 even though the black M4 with Canada engraving IS worth about $3000.

  I tried my best to emphasize that it was the Midland IIIf & IIIg Leicas, as
  Alf, it seems, was offered a Canuck IIIg.

  Your 500 figure refers to the 505 that were produced for the Military and
  designated  "CAMERA, STILL PICTURE, KE-7A" and with the Elcan lens
  is worth closer to $10,000 (that US$ not Canadian).

  May your "Boxing Day" bring you one each of the above,

  Marvin (boxless) Moss
<<
 Marvin wrote:

 <<<There is a confusing issue about the Canadian IIIGs.  The very rare
  ones actually have "Ernst Leitz - Canada Limited MIDLAND Ontario"
  engraved on the top an are worth upwards of $5000,>>>>>

 Marvin,

 I know there were M4's with Midland CANADA as I purchased one of which I
 believe were only about 500? I had been pursueded to buy one as a
 "collector item".

 I did and it sat in the box untouched for about 6 weeks, finally couldn't
 stand it any longer. I said to myself, "to hell with this sitting in a box
 you're here to work!" :)  So I put it to work and of course the
 inevinatable happensd and it go a few zits here and there and it eventually
 got sold as I moved onto M5's.

 Now if I hear you tell me "TOOOOOOOO  BAD! You should have kept it in the
 box, it's now worth $5000.00" I am going to scream!:)    WRONG only $3000

 ted