Subject: Re: [Leica] More blind shooting discussion
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 02:50:58 +0100

I learnt at school, that "to have the balls" means "to show the
courage", no matter whether the persons is male or female. But,
I admit, taht my English is rather poor.

It even came to my mind - for a short moment - that the LUG ladies
weren't half as excited about the mentioned male's attributes, than
the those male photographers, who felt with their back on the wall.

No matter what the correct Englsih phrase may be for stating that a
photographer takes responsibility for his acts, I agree with Ted's
statement and position.

In my mind, a photographer, who does *not* take the camera to his
eyes (except in danger for life and limbs) (1) chickens out, is
coward, or hasn't the guts to stand to his deed, and (2) evidently
feels himself also, that he's doing something wrong or exploiting
others on their costs/ back.

Anyway. I do not think, Robert Capa was looking into another direction,
when he took his picture.

Alf