Subject: [Leica] Web Page up
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 09:51:10 -0800

LUGnuts:

Here's the best Christmas present I can offer all of you:

Have web page up and running (or crawling, depending on your modem
speed!).

http://www.donalphilby.com

In it are two kinds of photos:  those taken with Leica and those I wish
had been taken with Leica.

And here is a sneaky way to make sure you get a ways into the site:

There are three pictures of of the Republican Convention here in San
Diego.  Which was taken with a Nikon, which two with Leica?  You'll have
to go to the larger size to compare.

Some of the photos are scheduled for rescanning.  I found out the
designer took a few jpeg images back into photoshop, changed and
re-jpeged, seriously affecting their quality, especially contrast.  But
should be okay for now.

Happy Holidays.  For the pagans among us, happy Saturnalia.

And may we all celebrate on December 23 the Celtic day called The Secret
of the Unhewn Stone-- a day devoted to the creative potential in all
things, including, lets assume,  Leica photographers.

And thanks to all for the wisdom shared.  We are indeed more than the
sum of our parts.
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego