Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanner Info Needed for holiday gift.
From: Bill Larsen <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 11:24:07 -0800

At 09:29 AM 12/19/97 -0800, Gabe writes:

>I have chance to get a scanner to scan is some pix to my computer.  I
>have NO knowledge of this.  I mostly shoot B&W and some Color Slides.
>I would love to hear recommendations of  affordable scanners that can do
>the job for both.  Please let me hear your experiences.

The best web page I have found on affordable scanners (or at least for what
to look) is:

http://www.cyberramp.net/~fulton/scans.html#menu

Naturally, I found the page after I bought a scanner :-).  I could have
saved some money to buy more Leica equipment if I had read it first.

Regards, Bill Larsen from the gray Southern San Joaquin Valley of California
ohlen@lightspeed.net