Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [Lieca]Elmar 2.8/50 Collapsible
From: Steve Hickel <smhickel@x2.alliance.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 22:12:59 -0500

Jim,

You say the prices are the same. Dealer cost on the Elmar is 840US, retail
is higher. Yes there is a 100.00 rebate. Are you referring to used-lenses?
Rumor has it that they will discontinue the lens. The lens is lighter than
the Summicron. The lens hood is always an option whereas it is not with the
summicron. Look at me defend my Elmar. The extra stop would be nice.

Steve