Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder/motor update: UGH!
From: Fred Hess <fredhess@wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 21:57:05 +0100

BenTroGa wrote:

> Just a simple question - WHY is it taking them so long to make these
> available?
>
> The answer that I heard in Kennebunkport was the "the motor is not perfected,
> and they will not release it until it is perfect."
>
> Well, I guess that fits with the character of the product line. I just with it
> were here now!

Ron Barten of the Dutch LEICA-representative ODIN in Ede, (the
Netherlands) told me, after he had visited the factary in Solms,that
there were serieus problems with the power-consumption of the Winder-R8
(and MD-R8). That's what causes the delay. So we have to wait, I prefer
getting a good, perfect Winder. And not a improper working toy..
- --
Fred Hess

Den Haag   / the Hague
Nederland / the Netherlands (NL)

tel + 31 70 325 83 12    fax + 31 70 325 86 34