Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder/motor update: UGH!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 23:11:39 -0600

At 10:47 AM 12/16/97 -0500, you wrote:

>time after the summer".  I don't know about you other R8 owners out
>there but I think this is nothing less than appalling.

Knowing the difference between the Leica Motor R4, and the Motor R, I'd say
I don't mind. They just want to get it right the first time. We don't know
the whole story.

Remember the R4mot? A company in Great Britain did some of the electronics
for the R4mot, knowing an IC was faulty, and Leica found out after they
shipped the first generation and they started coming back in droves.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength
that will endure as long as life lasts.

Rachel Carson