Subject: RE: [Leica] bitten by the SL bug
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk (Jeremy Kime)
Date: 17 Dec 97 14:06:00 GMT

>>>>>>>>>-Patrick wrote...

Unfortunately I think this is the first time I've bought a
camera without having firmly fixed in mind the circumstances where I'd use
it to make photographs.  I just liked it and didn't want someone to buy it
because it was cheap and then use it to drive nails.  Of course, when you
start having rescue fantasies about inanimate objects, you know you're a
candidate for the funny farm.

Patrick,
you're not the only one, I bought my SL under exactly the same conditions,
it was run down and worn (though the speeds and meter were fine) and I felt
it needed some loving! I didn't need another camera but I couldn't leave
this thing un-cared for... It had suffered three price reductions from
400UKP to 200UKP, now I can use it for close ups, ultra wide angle and tele
work, it's found a niche at last.
And yes, I've long been a candidate for the funny farm too...

Jem