Subject: Re: [Leica] bitten by the SL bug
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 18:26:18 -0800

> Hans Pahlen wrote:

> I have always regretted selling my black M2 with Leicavit, but sometimes
we  have to make sacrifices in order to get all the nice new Leica
products.

Hello Hans -
I noticed your ".se" Sweden address and also that you owned a black M2. I
bought two black M2's in Sweden in 1968 and wondered if you (or any other
LUGer) knows whatever became of the two Kamera Bild photographers from whom
I bought the Leicas. One M2 was from Bjorn Larsson and the other was from
Christer Akerberg. Fortunately, I still have both black M2's and had an
article in the last LHSA Viewfinder about them ("Two Black Beauties").

I even added a feature to one of them back in Charlotte at the LHSA
convention. Tom Abrahamsson kept waving around his own M2 with a
RapidWinder until I could resist no longer. Now that black winder on my M2
probably looks a lot like your old one with the Leicavit (i.e. really
great!).

I still have my KamerBild brochure showing all the photographers who worked
there. Of the nine reportage photographers with 13 identifiable cameras, 9
of them are Leicas, the rest Nikons (one, in fact, is a
black M2 with Leicavit!) Those were the days.

Gary Todoroff