Subject: Re: [Leica] P&S Recommendation
From: Alexander Tsiris <mediadyne@hol.gr>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 23:10:34 +0200

Bud Cook wrote:

> I'd like to add a Point and Shoot to my collection of Leicas.  I'm trying to
> decide between the Minilux and the Contax T2.  I prefer the viewfinder and
> ergonomics of the Contax but the deciding factor would be the lens.  I shoot
> only transparencies.
>
> Does anyone have experience with these cameras in comparison to regular
> Leitz lenses or with each other?
>
> TIA,
> Bud Cook

  I have used (not owned) both cameras mentioned above. I have to admit that
both in terms of ergonomics and handling as well as in the optics, the T2 is
better.

I got back 2 rolls of Provia shot with both cameras, and the contrast and edge
to edge sharpness of the T2 was impressive. I can't say the same about the
minilux unfortunately. But then again, that was just a personal "test" not
anything deep.

hope this helps.