Subject: Re: [Leica] ???: M3D and David D. Duncan
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 19:16:54 -0500 (EST)

According to James Lager's "Leica Illustrated Guide" v. 3, and "An
Illustrated History," v.1, Leitz manufactured in 1955-56 four special M3
bodies for Duncan that were apparently preproduction MPs, equipped with
the external frame counter and Leicavit winder.  A similar model also
went to Alfred Eisenstaedt

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Bogdan KARASEK wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been reading an article about David D. Duncan which talks about the
> photographs that he took inside the Kremlin in 1956. The article states that
> "For part of the work he had a specially designed Leica M3D; the D was for
> Duncan."
> (ref: 'David D. Duncan, Adventurer with a Camera", in FAMOUS PHOTOGRAPHERS,
> Aylesa Forsee. Macrae Smith Co., 1968. p.206)
>
> Would anybody on the list know the details of the modifications that were
> done to his M3?  Thanks.

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart