Subject: Re: [Leica] Focal Length Perspective
From: "Art Searle" <w2nra@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 18:25:36 -0500

Hi LUggers,

Bud Cook wrote:

>I've been following the discussion about preferences among various focal
>lengths and I continue to feel that in the 35mm format using transparency
>film, a medium telephoto is the most natural perspective.

I'm confused.  I thought that perspective for any lens is the same
regardless of its focal length.  I thought that the only thing that changes
is angle of view which allows you to change your working distance which will
change your perspective.  Right?

Art

Art Searle, W2NRA, w2nra@erols.com, Lake Grove, Long Island, NY, USA
20 miles east of Nikon USA, 62 miles east of Leica USA