Subject: Re: [Leica] Feininger & 3.5F
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 08:51:27 +0100

I just gave a brief on the announcement and the short part of
the interview with Feininger, which tv showed. Certainly, he
has taken pictures of persons also, but he emphazised in the
interview, that he wasn't interested in humans (except some
intelligent ones). He continued, that interest in the subject
were a basic assumption for photography, and that he never took
portraits, because of his lack of interest.

In Germany, the prices for a 3.5F (ex+ condition) range between
DEM 1200 and DEM 1400, about USD 700 and USD 820. The Planar
version DEM 100, 150 (about USD 60, 90) higher than the Xenotar
version.

Alf
At 22:03 14.12.1997, pre-father Scorpio Bill wrote left-handed :)

>Have a look at his mid-1950s picture, "Photojounalist." That's Leica-using
>Magnum photographer Dennis Stock behind that LTM. Dennis told me he was
>Feininger's assistant at the time, and stood in as the model.

- --- snip