Subject: Re: [Leica] M5 leather Strap or Replacement
From: WILLIAM CALDWELL <sneeker@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 23:29:03 -0500

LUGers:

This question may have been the subject of a far earlier thread, for
which I apologize -- I am fairly new to LUG.  I am looking for the
carrying (leather) strap and non-slip pad for the M5, 3 lug.  The Leica
Product Directory, 50th Jahre Edition, Dealer Catalog, shows the product
number as 14196.  Is there a source for either the original or for a
replacement leather strap.  I spoke to George Elanjian, Jr., at
Kameraleder Los Angeles, about the possibility of making the strap.  He
questioned, with all the straps on the market, why I would need a custom
strap.  His response brings me back to the basic question (which is in
the alternative) is the original strap available, or is there a good
replacement on the open market.  Thanks in advance for your considered
response(s).  A dedicated M5 user -- Bill Caldwell