Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Buying abroad (prices & warranties)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 00:21:33 -0600

At 10:16 PM 12/11/97 -0500, you wrote:

> American dealers that buy direct from Leica USA, pay about $1500 for
> a new M6, without any warranties, and then can offer their own, if it is
> so desired  @ ($100/1 yr or $300/3rs).  My advice would be to avoid the

Considering the fact that Leica USA goes out of their way to punish dealers
for selling demo cameras as new (that is, with Passport) I find this rather
strange. Are you saying Leica USA plays both sides of the fence in the Gray
market? $100 Warranty sells as "demo" and New with the $300 premium?

Did Don Chatterton tell you this?

And for those out there who might take umbrage, I'm not calling Marvin a
liar. Okay?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch