Subject: Re: [Leica] which 35mm f2??
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 22:06:10 -0800

>I used a Canon 35/2 lens, the last type (and as good as the contemporary
>Summicron according to Deschert) and certainly didn't notice a difference
>when I changed to a Leitz lens. I don't suppose I'm hyper critical, more a

I've had the 35/2 Canon, and the 35/1.8. Both were decent lenses, and the
35/2 in particular was very good over most of the field with respect to
resolution. However, both lenses and a couple of other Canon 35's I've
tried had some decentering problems. Out of 6 samples, all showed this
defect quite visibly. Most of the other Canon focal lengths I've tried were
not as severely affected, while very few Leica lenses I've had the chance
to use have shown this.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com