Subject: [Leica] New M6 Black Finish
From: "Art Searle" <w2nra@3villagecsd.k12.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 09:44:32 -0500

Hi LUGgers,

I have noticed that the finish on my one month old M6 is predominately
semi-gloss but some areas look very dull.  It hard to describe but the
finish looks almost like black soot in the corners, around the flash
connector and around the rear viewfinder.  In any event the finish appears
uneven in color, though not uneven in thickness or texture.  Is this normal?

Art

Art Searle, W2NRA, Lake Grove, NY, USA
20 miles east of Nikon USA, 62 miles east of Leica USA