Subject: Re: [Leica] Only One Lens
From: Peterson_Art@hq.navsea.navy.mil
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 15:16:28 -0500

     Rick,

     A 75mm lens is not that much different from a 50mm, and a 90mm lens is
     not that much different from a 75mm, and the increased speed of modern
     films can compensate somewhat for the lack of a Noctilux.  I therefore
     see the 35/90 combination as the ideal minimalist M6 kit (or 40/90, as
     with the lamentably out-of-production CL), perhaps with the 90mm f/2.0
     standing in for the merely-one-stop-faster 75mm, and with the Noctilux
     to be added later on if your shooting requirements prove it necessary,
     which would also be the criteria for prioritizing between the 35 & 90.

     Art Peterson