Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 without strap protector
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 07:39:58 -0700

On  5 Dec 97,  D Khong wrote:

> I saw a black Wetzlar M6 which does not have a strap protector above
> the lugs.  Is this an older version of the M6 and is the camera
> functionally the same as the later models with the protector?
>
> Around what period was this camera made?

Anti rub inserts were introduced in 1986. So, the one you saw was
manufactured between the M6's introduction in 1984 and 1986. No
differences than I know of. (Per Rogliatti)

- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only
          truth, but supreme beauty--a beauty cold and austere,
          like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of
          our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of
          painting or music, yet sublimely pure, and capable of
          a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show.

               -- Bertrand Russell