Subject: Re: [Leica] FILTERS FOR THE 19 F/2.8
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 22:17:44 -0600

At 08:47 PM 12/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
>People:
>
>>From what I understand, 19mm is too wide for a polarizer.  Specifically,
>because the angle of view is so wide, the field of view will not be
>evenly polarized due to, as I understand it, differing angles to the sun
>across the picture.

Actually, the light travels through the filter at such an oblique angle,
that the refraction causes distortion and a decrease in image quality. But
you are right too. Polarization couldn't be even with that wide a view.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The secret of the universe is @*&^^^ NO CARRIER