Subject: [Leica] RE: Cartier Bresson and the 6 exposures.
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@mra-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:55:20 -0600

> It IS unfortunate that these things happen. But news photographers are
> pretty good at policing this, and exposing it. Like the recent Newsweek
> cover of the mother of the sextuplets. They added nice bright straight
> teeth "to save her embarrassment." What a crock. If she was concerned about
> her teeth, she would have smiled with her lips closed. She's had 'em long
> enough to know how they photograph.

I agree completely. But in reading the latest Newsweek last night, I noted
a prominent correction box where they admit to and apologize for changing
the photo. The photo doctoring never should have happened - and they say as
much. But their public admission and apology (to an error I, and I'd
suspect most readers,  hadn't heard of until reading the correction box)
go, I feel, a long way towards reestablishing credibility.

Larry