Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Cartier Bresson and the 6 exposures.
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 06:00:01 -0600

At 07:54 PM 02/12/97 -0600, you wrote:
>At 10:39 AM 12/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>He was gone out of existance that day!
>>
>>Like you, I do not condone for one second re-creating a situation and then
>>calling it reality!

The famous Iwo Jima photo showing American soldiers raising the flag was a
reenactment of a flag raising that had occurred previously.  It was set up.
 That photo recreated a moment in history, and has received tremendous
acclaim for its symbolism.
   Re-creating a situation that actually took place is a form of
editorializing.  It may not be an honest documentation of newsworthy
events, but unfortunately, it does happen.  I think that one has to draw
the line when the photographer manipulates the situation to produce some
"news event" which never took place.

- -GH