Subject: RE: [Leica] Leicaflex, Leicaflex SL or
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk (Jeremy Kime)
Date: 02 Dec 97 12:25:00 GMT

Gabe,
I'd reccomend the SL, you get the through the lens metering without the
reliability probs of the R3, I've got one of each and the SL is still
working properly (mind you I only paid 40UKP for the R3 because the
metering system was starting to go...) The original Leicaflex doesn't have
TTL metering of course which is often of benefit for those reflex type
shoots, eg. close up and extreme tele work.
Finally, 'you can bet your sweet bibby' (a favourite phrase from these
parts) that the SL will appreciate in value as a Wetzlar antique rather than
be ignored as a Portugese pauper...

Jem K