Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: "[LUG]" The latest in Slide Scanners
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 13:04:10 -0800

At 01:40 PM 11/30/97 -0500, Carl Socolow wrote:
>LUG,
>Using this approach of seperate scanners, and having missed the last
>week while away, I solicit advice privately or via LUG on good 35mm
>scanner to deliver scanned images to clients in lieu of prints.

I like my Polaroid Sprintscan 35+ just fine.  It's 36 bits, 2700 dpi, and
that means an 8x12 print is about 320 dpi.  One way to think about the
resolution is this: if you're shooting fast B+W film, as I often do with a
Leica M, you will find that you can see the grains on the film in the
scanned image.  With slow film, of course, this isn't the case.