Subject: [Leica] Re: "[LUG]" The latest in Slide Scanners
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 13:40:05 -0500

Steve wrote:

> For 35mm I don't think you will find a flat bed scanner good enough that
> is affordable, unless 3k$ + is affordable. You are better off buying a
> 35mm scanner and separate flat bed. I believe Polaroid rates very well,
> but I have not followed the 35mm scanners too close, I have a Leaf that
> does 35-4x5 that works very well, but they are not being sold anymore.
> There was a 35 only leaf but it too is discontinued.
> Steve

LUG,
Using this approach of seperate scanners, and having missed the last
week while away, I solicit advice privately or via LUG on good 35mm
scanner to deliver scanned images to clients in lieu of prints. I use
both color neg and black & white but would consider going all color neg
and using PhotoShop to do grayscale. My general print size is either 5x7
or 8x10 and clients use them in desktop applications for newsletters,
magazines and assorted PR type things. Also, what's the best medium for
delivering scanned images? Zip disk, JAZ, CD? I thank you all in advance
for sharing your expertise.

Carl S.