Subject: Re: Re: Leitz / Japanese BL finders / my eyes
From: Oldleica@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 01:57:43 -0500 (EST)

I've been reading the Negative by Ansel Adams. After doing a loose EI test I
shoot Tri-X @ 200 using  N-1 developement (Ansel recommends for 35mm roll
film Tri-X) . Using the film chart in Appendix 2 developemnt for N-1 is at
4.2 mins in a 1:7 delution of HC-110 (minus 20% from the recommended 5.25min
of developement because I use a condenser enlarger). I'm new to this and I
plan to experiment with this using different devlopers and maybe film. Has
anyone tried this and does anyone have any suggetstions of film/developer
combinations for B&W.