Subject: Re: Help with the M6
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 08:02:35 -0800

> Richard Bush wrote:
>
> <<<I have been told that if a person needs flash at all, to basically
> forget about the M6. I just do not believe that. I looked at the G2 Contax,
> and was impressed with
> its lenses and flash capabilities, but I really want an M6.>>>>>>

Richard,

See work by David Alan Harvey.  M6 only with little flash.  In current
issue of Nat. Geographic traveler is article by him and article about
him and at least on photo (I love it) taken with flash + ambient.  We
worked for years as photographers with auto flashes before the TTL stuff
happened.  The thyristor is pretty amazing.  Just work your f/stop and
flash setting for your desired fill.  The G1, at least, does not let you
dial down the flash and is thus pretty brutal.  Better with thyristor.

Donal Philby
San Diego