Subject: 65 Elmar question
From: Simon Ogilvie <simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 97 14:52:00 GMT

I saw a 65/3.5 Elmar lens in a local dealer today.
Is this intended solely for use on a Viso?

It had what appeared to be an M-mount extension tube/bellows
attached to it and seems to have no RF coupling, and it has a
stop-down aperture ring, so this would imply it is for a reflex
housing.

Is this s good lens?  I was thinking of buying a Viso II or III (the
shop has one of each of these too) - can I use my standard
50 Summicron on it or do I need this 65 Elmar?

Thanks for any insight into this wonderful world of Leica oddities!

Simon.