Subject: Re:Leitz / Japanese BL finders / my eyes
From: hmcclary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 97 17:16:13 -0000

>I need a diopter of  minus 1 as I am slightly nearsighted,
> but can see perfectly through all seven of the Leitz finders but see
> a slight blur with the Canon's finders.
Marvin,

I also am slightly near sighted needing a -.5 diopter, just enough to
give me a headache if I don't wear my glasses.  Anyway, I once called
Nikon about the diopter for my old F3, back when I shot Nikon, and they
told me that the normal finder was already a -1.  I do not know about any
other cameras as the F3 was the only one I was inquiring about.  Maybe
the different camera makers use a different setting for the "standard"
setting.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto