Subject: Re: Leica/Nikon Service / Re:Ted??
From: Jack Gottlob <sam@injersey.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 05:21:49 -0800

Leikon35@aol.com wrote:

>  Marc has made a very good point, which from my experience,  I totally agree.
>  In the 1950's I was working as a film tech at Warner Bros &  dealt with many
>  photo-journalists that were switching from Leica to Nikon for that very
> reason.
>
>  I am not sure who, but think it was Ted that mentioned that Leica now does
>  have an inproved LOANER service that will do all it can to help in the event
>
>  of a loss or breakdown, BUT only for those that use a Leica to make a
> living.
>
>  Marvice Moss
> When I first got into photography years ago I was told that a professional could order a Nikon lens and that Nikon would test the lens
before shipping.  I was told that they would sometimes go through 6 to 10
lenses before selecting one.  I don't know on which side of the water the
testing would take place, but supposedly that's how they broke into the
market.  The information came from the rep who introduced the RB67 to the
NY market.
jack gottlob