Subject: Re: Leica R4
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 14:40:50 -0500

Stefan, I don't pretend to know where you are-- I think .se suffix denotes
Sweden, so buying a camera in the US might be out of the question. I bought
an R4 from KEH here in the states in EX+ condition for $484 US, and they
have them now for about $450. My shutter speeds are shown in program mode as
well.  I didn't get a manual, but was told that the program mode makes the
best combination decision of shutter speed and aperture; if you set the
speed dial higher, the camera will exhaust all possible aperture openings
before slowing the shutter speed. Setting the speed lower, the camera gives
you the smallest aperture possible, and slows the shutter until it would be
below the 1/15 speed, then it adjustes the speed... If I am wrong- somebody
stop me! The R4 is pretty straighforward- I figured out the about all I
could one evening sitting in a comfortable chair and trying everything!
The is a website that had manuals and copies of manuals for sale- anywhere
from 5-20 US... I'll track it down and post it to you as soon as i can..
Dan