Subject: Re: Objective info request
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 14:26:45 -0500

At 01:06 PM 11/24/97 -0500, AL BANONES wrote:
>Can someone fill me in on a Leitz Wetzlar microscope objective?
>
>It is a MILAR f=40mm 1:4.5.  I would like to know when it was
>
>produced and the value

It could have been produced at any point from around 1905 until 1972 or so,
when the Milar series were replaced by the current Photar lineup.  If it is
uncoated, it is Prewar, if coated, Postwar.

Value?  probably $100 to $300.  These guys don't have the value of the
Photar or Zeiss Luminar lenses, though the Milar lenses are quite good, and
are fitted with the 'Royal Screw' so they will fit the adapters for the
Photar and Luminar lenses.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!