Subject: Re: Photokina 98
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 97 14:19:18 -0400

>For those of you that haven't been to Photokina, you
>should be aware that it is HUGE. It makes shows like Comdex or CES look
>like a church bazaar.

Jim,

I was at Photokina in 1982; if I remember correctly, to see the entire
show you would have had to visit 14 different exhibit halls. This is the
largest trade show in the world, isn't it?

One of the things I remember most fondly was seeing the family tree in a
display case in the Leica booth, made of real cameras. The Yashica/Contax
booth also had some old Contax bodies; the only Olympia Sonnar I've
actually seen (on a Contax II, with its reflex housing) was at this booth.

- - Paul