Subject: Re: Mixing M and R's
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 20:50:14 -0600

At 06:59 AM 11/24/97 +0800, you wrote:

>Since I already have an M6 with a 35 & 50 lens, he recommended that for a
>2nd body I get an R6.2 or R8 and buy a 28/2.8 R and 90/2.0 R for it. He
>feels that wideangles & long lenses are best used w/ the slr ?

I think 28 is too close to 35. I'd go for a 24 or 19 and then a 180 on the
long end. Spread your capability out, and use each camera for its
strengths. But that being said, if you don't want the extreme ends of the
spectrum, those are two fine lenses you will enjoy. The 90 Summicron R is a
pleasure to use, smooth as butter and very sharp wide open. The 28 is
great, and it's tiny.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math