Subject: Re: Mixing M and R's
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 01:13:45 GMT

At 06:59 24/11/97 +0800, you wrote:
>Hello luggers,
>I'd first like to thank you to those who responded on my query regarding
>2nd body for the M6.
>Out of the blues, a friend suggested that I mix the M and the R cameras
>together. Something like this:
>Since I already have an M6 with a 35 & 50 lens, he recommended that for a
>2nd body I get an R6.2 or R8 and buy a 28/2.8 R and 90/2.0 R for it. He
>feels that wideangles & long lenses are best used w/ the slr ?
>Does anybody here have experience with this scenario ? Perhaps some
>comments and suggestions (pro's and cons) would be nice to hear.
>Again, many thanks for the support !
>Ferdinand

I find it is important (for me) to have a range of lenses that I can use all
on the same body. I find that 28 and 90 work well on the M system, and the
lengths that cannot be easily used on it make a lot of sense for the R
system. If your friend had suggested that for the R system you get a 60
macro and a zoom, or a 180, that really would make sense, since you couldn't
use those easily, or at all in some cases, on the M system. Frames for 28
and 90 are both already in the M6 viewfinder.

Joe Berenbaum