Subject: GTX, GTE
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 23:35:47 GMT

At 14:32 23/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
<snip>
>   One of my local shops is selling a Minox GT-X.  Based on what you have
>said and my examination of it, it might be an ideal compact for the
>semi-wide range.  What do you think of this model?  Should I look at other
>Minox models?  They want $350 for the GT-X.  Is that too much?
>Is there a mail order place you know that carries a comprehensive line
>of Minoxes and good prices?
>   Thank you for any insights you may have here.    Tom P.

I think the GTX is the model that uses DX coding for setting the ISO and
thus has no way of overriding the exposure, other than the 2x compensation
swith these cameras usually have. The GTE I think is more or less the same
camera but with manual ISO setting, thus permitting a lot of control. I
can't really think of any reason to get the DX-only version myself, unless
you habitually forget to reset the ISO when you change films...

Joe Berenbaum