Subject: Re: plastic in M6?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 19:55:36 -0500

At 08:19 AM 11/24/97 +0800, you wrote:
>>To be more specific why I like M3 more than M6:
>1.  Rewind knob
>Everytime when I rewind the film on M6, I would be afraid that I would
>break the knob
>especially when I have to input much force at the end of rewinding..  On
>the other hand, I never have to worry about this thing on M3.
>
>2.  Film Transport Lever
>The lever on M3 gives me a much solid feeling than M6 lever.
>
>Above complaints may be my personal problems.  Anybody out there feel the
>same way
>as I do?

Tony,  I do - even though I have managed to break the rewind knob on the M3
(it jammed and I tried to force it).  I also broke the rewind cranks on
both of my M6's by hitting the corner of the camera (really hard to avoid
when you're wearing one!)  I've also broken the film transport lever on one
of my M6's.  The M3 just feels much sturdier.  I wish they would do
something about the M6 rewind cranks and also the flimsy plastic feet on
the 21mm finder.  On the other hand - you can't beat the lenses!!!  Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>