Subject: Re: Digital Darkroom/Off topic
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 11:15:32 -0800

At 09:29 AM 11/22/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Ted grant & Eric Welch,
>
>Just so you guys know, my Leica lens budget is limited for a bit. I just
>ordered my
>Digital Darkroom: 1.) Polaroid Sprintscan 35 Plus. 2.) HP Vectra VL P2,
>266Mhz, 256MB memory, Matrox Millennium II graphics card; i.e. fully
>loaded. 3.) Compaq P70 Monitor. 4.) Epson Stylus Photo. 5.)  Adobe
>Photoshop V4.1!
>
>Had to get something to play with thru the Winter Months ;~)!
>
>Tom D.

Good choice on everything. The Millennium board will, *I think*, allow you
to run two monitors so you can keep your tool set on one (small cheap)
monitor and work on the photo on the P70 monitor, full screen.

You should get Barry Hanes new book "PHOTOSHOP 4 ARTISTRY", ISBN
1-56205-759-6. This is the greatest Photoshop book. Barry is a photographer
and wrote the book for photographers. He works closely with Adobe. He
teaches Photoshop for the University of California Santa Cruz, and at the
Photoshop Conferences.

Jim