Subject: black 16471 tube?
From: Gerd.Hechtfischer@t-online.de (Gerd Hechtfischer)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 16:23:57 +-100

Dear LUGers,

on a recent camera show I bought a Visoflex III and a 16464 focussing tube
in very good condition for a reasonable price. I want to use this with the lens
head of my 4/135 Tele Elmar. Though the use of Visoflex seems old-fashioned
to some people, I like it very much because of one thing I was never content
with with my SLR Camera: The vibrations caused by the mirror even when the
whole system is mounted to a tripod. In my opinion, most macro and long
telephoto pictures suffer from the vibration problem more than from the
quality of the lens. With the Viso, the soft-mirror-remove mode eliminates
this problem completely.
I understand that by using an extension tube (type 16471) I will get a wonderful
combination for macro photography with reasonable distance to the object.
As my focussing tube and lens head are black, I would like to have a black
16471 tube also, if possible. However, up to now, I saw only chrome ones.
Has anyone ever seen a black 16471 tube? Were they produced in black at all?
If not, I will go for a chrome one soon.

Gerd