Subject: Re: Japanese Leica Users / Dave
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:56:59 -0500 (EST)

 Dave -- At the monthly Bagnall Camera Expo, which is the largest
 MONTHLY  camera  show in the U.S.; out  of 600 to 1200 people,
 maybe 25% being Asiatic -------- at least 75% of them will be
 carrying a Leica,  if they are carrying a camera at all.

 Marvin
 In a message dated 97-11-21 07:00:36 EST, Marvin Moss writes:
<<
  >   rarely have I seen  them  buy one.  There are probably more  Mint M3s
 in
 >   Japan than in the rest of the world.

 Why are they buying so many of the M3s and M4s?  To use, to collect, to
 invest, all of the above?  I realize different people will have different
 reasons, but as a whole, what is the reason for the demand being so great
 there?
  Do they truly like and use the Leica as a photographic instrument or do
they
 consider it a relic of the past, eclipsed by their own industry, and now
 collected as a sort of fossil?

 -Dave