Subject: Re: Leicaflex MLU
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 16:56:02 -0800

At 09:32 AM 11/19/97 PST, you wrote:
>     Hi,
>
>      I forgot how to use the MLU on the Leicaflex.  I think I heard that
>     the shutter should be cocked before the lever is pushed down for
>     mirror lock up.  If it is true, what would happen when I push the
>     lever down before I cock the shutter?  Can someone remind me?
>
>     Thanks in advance,
>
>     David

You obviously have a Leicaflex standard. The only Leicaflex with MLU. 1.)
MLU lever pointing up = norm instant return mirror. 2.) MLU lever pointing
to the left = mirror stays up after exposure. 3.) MLU lever pointing down =
mirror locked up before exposure. When the mirror is locked up, the only
way to get it down is to move the lever back to position 1 (pointing up.)

The lever may be put in any position at any time. If you put the MLU lever
in position 3 (pointing down) after cocking the shutter, the mirror rises
at once. If you put the MLU lever in position 3 before cocking the shutter,
then when you do cock the shutter, the mirror will go up.

Experiment... you cannot hurt your Leicaflex.

Jim