Subject: Re: Bokeh:a mythical construct
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 22:02:45 -0600

At 01:21 PM 11/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Okay guys, I actually did a YAHOO search on bokeh; found twelve hits, the
>second one states that the word is a transliteration of a Japanese word for
>"desirable blur"- and a mention of Nikon's DC ( Defocusing Control) lenses.
>Apparently Leitz lenses have bokeh if the out of focus areas of the image

The word, in Japanese also translates to "airhead."

Though not in relation to people who actually use it, in my book. It's a
legitimate term. Languages are living languages when they can adopt such terms.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Is reading in the bathroom considered Multi-Tasking?