Subject: Re: Bokeh, Erwin & Roger < sigh, big sigh >
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 17:45:27 -0700

On 19 Nov 97,  Alfred Breull wrote:

> Erwin,
>
> you are great at lens' optical performance stuff...
>
> Erwin & Roger,
>
> ... but, there are other aspects in human perception also, which
> belong to science since at least 60 years (see: Ganzheits- and
> Gestalt-Psychology, Lewin etc.). Japan's photographers discussed just
> single aspects in human's visual perception.
>
> And, you both know it longer than me ... What's the matter, guys -
> have you been neglected recently ?   :)

Not a bit, Alf. You should get as much attention as I do. But, you see,
you accept Gestalt-Psychology as a truism. I don't! In fact, I have a
lot of trouble with psychology in general. I consider the field a
pseudo science. Unfortunately, with common sense being in such short
supply, folk are quick to accept, as a wonderful science, what I take
for granted.

I don't care if you guys see whatever you want to see, but be careful
when you challenge some of us old bucks. We have the advantage of
having matured in an era when it didn't matter a whit whether you
"stroked" someone's self esteem or not. It was performance and ability
that counted, not how well you could see the unseeable and how you felt
about yourself.

How's that Bob; right outa Rush's mouth, eh? (If this is a bit obtuse
for non US types, my apology, but I couldn't let go of it.)

So, enjoy your boke(h)! Hell, I enjoyed stuff that my "old man"
couldn't fathom also. Something to do with the generation gap, I think.
Mummble, mummmble, snort!

- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      Romance begins when you sink into his arms,
      and ends with your arms in his sink!