Subject: Re: scanning
From: Bill Grimwood <bgrim@garply.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 17:30:12 -0600

At 10:51 AM 11/18/97, you wrote:
>Hi all!
>
>I've been looking at the new HP PhotoSmart scanner which claims 2400dpi and
>30 bit resolution (dynamic range?) when scanning slides.  They match it to
>their PhotoSmart printer - each running  CDN $679  (or approx: US$930 each).
>
>Does anybody have any experience with these?

David I have one of these scanners and have been very successful with it.
I do not have a printer but I have been scanning and saving to a jpeg
format which is not the best and taking the scan on a floppy to a local
photographer who is printing for me on his dye sub printer.  When he saw
the results he could not believe that I got it for $500 US.  I use
photoshop and have scanned slides and color negative as well as B&W 35mm
negatives.  I have not scanned a print with it as I have a flatbed scanner
that I do that with.  I am now deciding what printer to buy, probably will
wait until January of February.

Bill Grimwood